Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am glad that it's almost fall. Yes, you read it right, I said almost. If you are one of the many who have tried to convince me that it already is fall, I refuse to listen to you. I R.E.F.U.S.E!

sure, it's a tad chillier at night. Sure, I have added an extra blanket to my bed and started putting the kids in warmer pj's. But I refuse to believe that fall is already upon us. The days are still warm--very warm--and my garden is still producing...a lot.

Please don't tell me it's time to start sewing halloween costumes and making the Thanksgiving day menu while I am blanching! It's too much for my tiny brain to process. I need some closure on summer.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE fall. It's one of my four favorite seasons. The colors, the food, the chill, the sweaters, the holidays. I am itching to get out my Christmas CD's. But not yet.

NOT YET!

Summer is not over! There is still lots to do.

When I've had ample time to finish up all the summer doin's....then, and only then, will I be ready to move on to fall. (It starts when I say it starts, see?)

p.s. check out our 10-foot plus sunflowers!! Pretty sweet, eh? My kids are serving as comparisons.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Holy crap!! Those look amazing! Gardening rocks! (when the hornworms don't take over, that is:)

Jeigh said...

One of your four favorite seasons...ha! You so silly, Bear.