Monday, January 5, 2015

Back in the saddle

I made an attempt to log back into my blog to check my stats today.

I felt a little like Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle.  You know, the part where he decides to start dating again after his wife has passed.  He sits down at a big desk, pulls out an ancient rolladeck (is that what those things are called?) and starts punching out numbers on a rotary phone.  All the while :Back in the saddle" is playing in the background.  And we all laugh at the archaic way he's going about it.  Can you believe that's how we used to get dates?  I mean, what were we?  Animals?  Clearly not the sophisticated and educated creatures we are now.  

I feel that way because it's been over a year since I posted on my blog.  I got busy (quite literally).

I now have 5 children.  I believe that when you last read of my adventures there were only 4.  You remember Dev, Calvin, Bogey, and The Jelly Bean.  But now we have Mr. Magoo, too.  That's his more formal name--Mr. Magoo--and he is not in the slightest a formal guy (i.e. he likes to stick his little fingers up my nostrils), but I thought I would introduce to you the formal nickname first, so that all the less formal ones to come wouldn't sound so weird.

Mr. Magoo is more often just called Magoo.  Or Magoober.  Or if we're feeling particularly whimsical, he's Magooberooski.  But most days, he's just Goober.   (or Goob, if you've seen Meet The Robinson's and get the reference).  I seriously don't think any of my other kids have so many nicknames.  I don't think any of my other kids combined have as many nicknames as Goob.

But...back to my original thought.  I feel like Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle because I'm back in the saddle.  It took me a full 20 minutes just to figure out how to log in....because the blogging world has up and changed around me while I was dinking around birthing a new baby.  I threw out my rolladeck thingy.  And brushed up on the new etiquette (ever since an aquaintance pronounced that word like eddy-koo-wetty in a speech I say it that way in my mind [and often out loud] and then laugh hysterically and wipe away mirthful tears.  FYI)

Because I'm back in the saddle!  I may be clueless.  And lost.  And maybe a little naive.  and hey, probably no one will read this, but looka here! I made a post!  it took me all night (kids will be up in a few hours) and it may not look like much, but it's a post!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy to see you're back in the saddle!