Thursday, June 10, 2010

my real introduction


Awhile back, I wrote, in passing, an introduction of myself that was slightly sarcastic
Whenever I sit down to blog, I think of it. I think I should have followed that post with a real introduction of myself.

I think I did myself an injustice.

I've been thinking about how I would prefer to have myself introduced if I were the key-note speaker for a group of people who recognized my achievements for what they were. Instead of the less-than impressive intro I scribbled out earlier, I would rather it say something like this:

"Erin attended college for four years and loved it. It was a pivotal time for learning and growth. She made many friends and learned many things that she still carries with her today. While in college she met the man who would eventually become her husband. Before they fell in love, they were great friends and spent lots of time getting to know each other before falling in love. Erin's husband is still her best friend, greatest advice giver, and truest sounding board. They married not only for this life, but for eternity also. A marriage so perfect could not be written in the movies. A year and a half later, Erin spent 9 grueling months growing a baby inside her, endured 11 hours of labor, and 6 months of sleepless night just to ensure this new human would be healthy. Then, she did it all again for the second time, enduring moments of bedrest and another grueling labor and sleepless nights to ensure a second human would be healthy. As if that is not enough, Erin has undergone the same process for the third time as well.

Because her husband is in school, money is tight, but Erin has become a champ at balancing the budget, sewing, rug making, gardening, couponing, and finding or creating unique recipes to overcome the odds and make ends meet. She prefers to make most things herself, but when needs arise, Erin is perfecting the art of patience and bargain hunting. Erin also homeschools her children, a feat in and of itself, and averages about 100 hours of service to her family each week (still mega impressed with that number, by the way.). Erin loves to write. On top of a daily journal, Erin also maintains a blog, and writes poetry and fiction. Currently, she is serving as the Gospel Doctrine Teacher in her ward, and Assistant Stake Librarian in her Stake. Someday Erin hopes to write a book, obtain her doctorate, raise her children, start a business, and volunteer her time to a charity. She is a loving, giving, generous, happy person who has learned heaps from her career as beloved wife and mother, and we are honored to have her here."

Wouldn't it be nice if all us stay at home moms received that kind of praise everyday? One of my friends wrote the comment on her blog, (said by a stay-at-home mom) "I have a degree in Life!" I love that.

p.s. help! I have been trying for days to post this hilarious video of me and my kids, but every time I try to download it, it says there is an error. Anyone seasoned bloggy veterens have any suggestions for me?

No comments: